Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recurring Themes

This is old stuff I posted elsewhere but I have to remind myself if noone else...

Oprah needs to love herself...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081209/entertainment/oprah_winfrey_weight

I'm not a big fan of Oprah, but I respect immensely what she has accomplished. This news about her "embarassment" at hitting 200 pounds makes me sad. She sounds to me like she should work more on her self-esteem rather than killing herself trying to lose weight. Maybe her body knows better than she does and it naturally goes to 200 pounds no matter what she does? I'm all for eating healthy and exercising to feel healthier but not for appearances sake. And really who cares, when she looks so great. She has a great bust and a curvacious form! I'd love to fill out a dress like that! Seriously, she should learn to love herself and not apologise for her size. My god she's the most influencial woman on the planet right now! What kind of message does this send to young women and girls struggling with body image? Oprah, and all plus size women, need to look in the mirror and tell ourselves every single day: "YES I AM A BIG WOMAN - I HAVE A BIG HEART AND IT NEEDS A WHOLE LOTTA ROOM!"

No comments:

Post a Comment