Friday, November 27, 2009

another weird dream

Dreamt I was in the ladies room of some big chinese restaurant. This very pretty asian girl comes in and we start chatting, then her little sister comes in looking for her and her older sister starts playing with her hair and says "look she's as pretty as a geisha" to which the little sister makes a face and says she would never ever be a geisha, and the older one looks at me and winks, and I tell her when I was her age I wanted so much to be geisha, me, this big ugly "gaijin" from the west. They laugh and say "look in the mirror" but there isn't one in the bathroom. And I wanted to wash my hands but the sinks are filled with food and I end up getting water and soap in a fish dish and make a mental note not to eat that one.

Then they invite me to dinner with them, so I follow them outside and at the table are all these smart handsome men, and Colin Firth (who I absolutely love, hello!) and they are sitting or slumping in their chairs rather, eating Dim Sum in this nearly empty restaurant, chatting and laughing. The only empty seat is one at the table but in front of Colin Firth who has his leg stretched behind and under my chair (wearing a very nice pair of Italian leather shoes too) and I keep saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" as I try to squeeze my big butt between people and into the seat. They are all talking about history and politics and Colin smiles at me but all I can think about is how rickety the chair is and that it's going to break and collapse under my weight and I'll fall onto Colin Firth's feet and his nice Italian shoes and maybe break his leg and I'll be so embarassed...and then they ask me my opinion on the Canadian standpoint on the war in Iraq as it relates to Canada's historical standpoint in wars, all looking at me to answer....and I woke up.

That's it. I've decided I HAVE to lose weight cuz I may someday meet Colin Firth or someone else I admire and the last thing I want to be obsessed about is how they see me. Or that I may fall on them and break thier legs or at the very least ruin their shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment