Thursday, July 31, 2008

A search engine saved my life today

I got a lovely reply from a gentleman to one of my online personal ads. He seemed intelligent and funny and very articulate and shared many of the same interests. It looked very promising. And then, out of curiosity (because he either foolishly or trustingly provided his full and rather unique name), I “Googled” him. Turns out, he's a member of some "Pony Play" forum boards and seems to actively participate in the lifestyle.

For those who do not know, “Pony Play” is a particularly interesting and unique fetish consisting of people who dress-up in BDSM wear and pretend to be ponies. Little saddles and carriages and riding crops come into play, as does the insertion in a certain body cavity of a decorative “tail”.
I don't want to judge, everyone has their unique peccadilloes, I just know it's not for me and I'd rather know now than after investing time and energy with him and then him telling me about all of this after a couple of weeks or months of dating. I loathe having my time wasted.

*shudder* Needless to say I will NOT be responding to his email.
Thank you Google, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment