Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Biannual Personal Inventory

Every so often I take stock of my life, a sort of Spring Cleaning of my personal stuff. I decide what to keep and what to let go in terms of friends and acquaintances, habits, beliefs and thoughts.

This season I am letting go of the following:
  • toxic relationships
  • people who take me for granted
  • people who bore me
  • the idea that I will never be good enough. I am good enough.
  • the idea that I have to clean my apartment every weekend as though my mother will suddenly drop by and do a white-gloved spot inspection.
  • the habit of sleeping in. So much can be accomplished for myself in the early hours before my day is handed over to others
  • the habit of getting home and sitting catatonic in front of the TV until bedtime. It is the ultimate waste of my precious time
  • that I have to exercise everyday. Some days I may not feel like it, and that is Ok
  • the belief that everyone's opinion has validity. It doesn't. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and everyone's stinks. Just because the person voicing their opinion thinks they are smarter than everyone else doesn't necessarily make it so.

I think that is a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment